Lady Jane and everyone here, I hope the prayers that have been sent out on your behalf are buoying your spirit and that you are feeling strong today.

The other day, I was talking to my mother about her cancer and the power of prayer, and I realized that what I toldher was worth sharing here:

Specifically, I was telling her that I am glad so many people are praying for her cancer to be cured -- and I reminded her that I thought it was possible that this could happen. She is a spiritual woman, so of course she believed me.

But I went on to tell her that I had first heard wonderful things about the power of prayer in healing people at a spiritual retreat I had attended quite some time ago. One of the women there was the wife of a surgeon, and she shared many stories of healing miracles her husband has actually witnessed.

I thought of this again today, when I found this article from National Public Radio.
It's not a new article, but it bears repeating.

According to the article, scientists are starting to make attempts to understand spiritual experience — and what happens in the brains and bodies of people who believe they connect with the divine.

The field is called "neurotheology," and although it is fairly new, it's drawing prominent researchers in the U.S. and Canada.

Scientists have found that the brains of people who spend untold hours in prayer and meditation are different. Isn't that exciting?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com