Hi startitup, thanks for asking an interesting question. It sounds like you are conceptualizing a place that might already exist in a lot of areas, via the community school systems.

At least here in the Midwest, I have taken several hobbyist classes of this nature - where you pay an activity fee and then go take a class or a workshop. When I lived in the Quad Cities, I took several pottery classes at the local art museum. Clay, instructor and kiln were provided. The Museum has changed a bit since then - moved, had a name change, and no longer seems to offer semester-long classes, but as you can see from the link provided, they do still offer "hobby classes," such as watercolor and photography.

I also took a few cooking classes - Chinese cooking for one - that were held in the home ec lab (kitchen) classrooms of a local high school.

Generally, the classes I've experienced are held through the auspices of the community school system, and local experts do the teaching.

Local public libraries often run these sorts of programs, too. And I've noticed that here in tiny Galena, where local opportunities might seem to be slimmer, our local banks often run programs for their patrons which involve taking bus trips related to a hobby interest, or a seasonal activity, such as a trip to Branson, MO or Chicago, IL at Christmas or Easter, to see a play or a performer, and maybe do some shopping.

What sort of program did you have in mind?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com