Hi everyone,

I know my issue is quite common, but still I can't seem to find a solution to it.
I realize I have a weight problem (I'm 5 ft 6 and weight around 165 pounds) and my efforts to look healthy again seem to lead to no results.

Every time I start dieting things go smoothly the first month, but after that I reach a plateau, at about 146 pounds, and I stop losing weight. It doesn't even matter if I start working out more or reduce the amount of daily calories. Soon, frustration and anxiety settle in and my motivation to keep dieting fades away. I find myself indulging in a piece of chocolate cake, then feeling guilty about it, then I start thinking that I'll never lose weight anyway so I might as well enjoy any sweet treat I like.

While dieting I get up on the scale after every meal, I weight myself in the morning, after exercising, before I go to bed, I'm literally obsessing over it and I realize it's not good for me. I'm thinking that maybe scaling myself so often is bad for my self esteem.
Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Do you think it's a medical problem, or do I just lack motivation? Also, has anyone heard of a quantum scale? It's supposed to be a scale that doesn't show you your weight, just records it and tells you your progress from the first day. Anyone used it? I'm thinking it would help me break this unhealthy habit of weighting myself 20 times/day because it's not only bad for my motivation but it also irritates people around me.

Thanks everyone!