Ellemm, Jabber,

Thanks for correctly bringing the Kim Kardashian disaster into this discussion. I try not to pay attention to the tabloids and have never seen their show, so for awhile, I was one of those people who was wondering who the Kardashians were and why anyone cared.

But certainly, this news of her decision to divorce is one that ought to get a lot of people talking about what marriage means and what is important in marriage and life. I mean, the woman had THREE wedding gowns and the wedding was televised as if she were as important as British royalty!

I don't know anything about the couple, but I did see Kathie Lee and Hoda talking about this on the 4th hour of the TODAY show this morning, and it seems that Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford were at the wedding - so she may have a right to say more about this than some of us...

Kathie Lee showed press releases from both Kim and her husband Kris (bless him, but I don't recall his last name). Kim said she was making this decision "after much thought/careful consideration...blah blah" -- and Kathie Lee nailed it when she said that thought OUGHT TO have happened BEFORE the wedding.

As for groom Kris, he comes off sounding like a gentleman - and the more mature person of the two. He says something to the effect of, "I am devastated to learn that she filed for divorce..." and essentially holds the door open for reconciliation.

So maybe we can hope that the silver lining of all of this "fol de rol" might be that we actually start to have a national discussion about marriage - and what it takes to be ready for one.

Fingers crossed!

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com