Hey Di,

You are correct that kids suffer after divorce, but don't you agree that they also suffer from living in a family where there is strife, anger, physical abuse, alcoholism, drug addiction, sexual perversion happening?

If these conditions exist, and counseling does not help -- I know that my first husband and I went to counseling, but he flat out told the counselor her was there because I dragged him there, and he also told her that nothing would change.

So in cases like that -- when counseling doesn't resolve anything -- I don't think staying together "for the sake of the children" makes sense.

I did an teleseminar some time back with a woman whose husband was a sex addict -- and in their case counseling DID help and the family was able to stay together. She wrote a book about her experiences, which NABBW reviewed. Name is slipping my mind right now.

So I do realize that counseling CAN help. But both parties have to want to change.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com