Vaseline, KY Jelly, personal lubes: The presenters said these help with comfort, but we need to read and understand the label regarding ingredients -- some of those special "designer" lubes can have side effects and should be avoided for that reason.

But the experts on the call pointed out that lubes don't treat the condition, they merely help with comfort.

According to the presenters, natural lubrication is considered to be better for us. And the experts on the call were recommending TOPICALLY applied estrogen cremes, which have less risk than taking a systemic estrogen -- that is, an estrogen pill. (I know I took pills originally, until they were declared too risky, health-wise. Many of us did, I am sure.)

Apparently these locally applied estrogen products come in creme, ring and tablet forms. They allow our vaginal tissues to regain their former elasticity and lubrication.

The treatment still has some risk, however, so those have to be understood, so we can make an informed decision.

The last point the presenters made on the call is that medicine is leaning toward individualized care, away from "one size fits all" treatments.

If you want to know more, the link to the presentation and/or the links to the websites I gave offer more information.

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com