Quote:
The harder part of being online and blogging is that being a writer, nature photographer, and budding filmmaker, all my work requires computers (editing book, photos, film), as well as using the computer to sell/promote my work. I've notice that my eyes suffer from time on the 'puter. I try to limit it as best I can, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it's challenging. Even my music is recorded with computers.

Maybe that's why I have a garden and hike barefoot up mountains. It keeps me connected to the soul of the Earth.

I'd be curious if anyone else struggles with this issue, and how you deal with it. Many people online have told me they are addicted to being online, facebook, twitter, etc. I don't have that problem and can easily walk away.

Maybe it's about taking more short breaks throughout the day, and doing more grounded things like walking outside (which I do walk almost everyday), or doing dishes by hand, or baking, or playing my piano, etc, something more tactile and sensory.

I know what you mean --I cycle often during non-snowy times which is a good thing away from computer. My job, like many people, now requires use of computer at least 75% of time for now. then when it's lousy weather, I hunker over the computer at home.

I am conscious about good ambient lighting whenever I work on computer --ie. light that doesn't glare around the screen. And a room that has lots of lighting. I never use computer in a darkened nor near-darkened room, that is a recipe for degrading your eyesight.

Yes, to take breaks away from computer by looking at objects farther away, etc.

I do not twitter or use any of the hand-held iphones, etc.
At this time, therefore I have no interest in buying an iPad to read e-books either.

As for blogging, you can see my links below for stuff below. I'll be writing for a 4th blog later.