Dear Jabber, it is truly hard to be strong, especially now, in this very emotional season. I’m not doing too well, and it makes no sense, because I know my mother was tired of living. Everything was such a task for her, and she wasn’t happy. So why can’t I just be happy for her? She has what she wanted. I think your friends that died were old too, right? So they are finally pain free and at peace as well. I just heard the other day that the Islam religion mourns a loved one only 3 days, and no more. Can you believe that? I wonder what their secret is.

You know, when we pass away some day, Jabber, how would you like people to remember you? When I think about that, I think, I would love to have people remember me with a warm smile on their lips. I wouldn’t want the people, whom I loved, to be moaning and crying and in pain because I’m gone. So I suppose in honour of my mother, and you, in honour of your dear friends, let us try to remember things that bring a warm smile to our lips.

How about if we write them down and share them? Would you like to do this with me, Jabber? Anyone is welcome to add to the list; relating something special they may remember of someone they loved, who passed away. Anything will do, a gesture, a comment, maybe a lovely afternoon spent together.

I won’t start with the list. I first want to see if anyone is interested in doing this with me.