Katebcca, Here's another lonely one. My work is also lonely. I'm an office product manufacturer's rep and work from home. I don't have co-workers.......well, except for Daisy, and she is a good friend, but she doesn't say much. I don't even talk much on the phone anymore because everything is done by email! Of course there is more to it than that, but I don't want to write a book here.

Last week I read Suzzane Somers book and I discovered how our hormones could affect us mentally and emotionally. I knew it, but I guess I hadn't accepted it for myself. Could a hormone imbalance cause loneliness? I think it could. Oh, sure, we all have had disappointments, struggles, and hardship, but what keeps us (me) from doing what we need to do to prevent it?

In my past I've done many things to combat loneliness, such as volunteering at a shelter, at the local theatre, I participated in various Christian-based studies, ministries, etc. And, don't forget dating! Of course my motive wasn't always to combat loneliness, because at the time I didn't realize I was.

Katebcca, although I feel that you should definitely get those paints out, the thing I believe will combat your loneliness is to be with other people - you need people! My town has an organization that supports local artists, maybe your could find something like that.

The bottom line is that we have to make the effort to participate in life and no one can do it for us. Now I just have to find a way to take my own advice.

Daisygirl