Wow, thank you for your incredible insight. An interesting thought about lonliness is that you think your the only one going through it. You see people out and about with families, friends and don't realize that in your pit of dispair they have their lonely periods too. Many times I am out with family, friends and someone may be looking at us and being lonely. I think of myself as being sooo independant and have really not spent much time being lonely until recently. That's why I have had these feelings of being lost. It makes sense really, the timing because now my son is off on his own and my other two (12 and 13) are going through the normal separation stages. I want them too but often find myself longing for the days when they were little as I had a purpose then and I enjoyed them so much. But they did keep me distracted and now I have to find me again. Although I do keep myself in a cocoon at times I also get out. I'm going to a potluck today as a matter of fact. I really understand the comment about how you can be the life of the party yet be so lonely. It really would be an excellent topic for a book. I remember the most lonely time in my life was when I was married. I know some of you can relate to that one.I guess it's like death, no one wants to talk about it, no one wants to admit that they are lonely, it's taboo. There is a song that comes to mind (I'm a child of the 70') I think it was by Supertramp... "hide in your shell, cause the world is out to take you for a ride, how would you feel, if you could see the world through my eyes" I think of this song when I am isolating myself and try to see things differently. I really should get the cd. ramble
Baby steps is the key and I will take the paints out of the box tonight. Then go from there.
Thank you for your comments. I feel much less lonely now which is why this site is so great.
And yes, God is always there too, thanks for the prayers.
Kate