I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a horrible time of things...and your son is a drug addict...that can be horrible. I hope he stops.

Lonliness can make us do some really stupid things...I know...I'm the Queen of Stupid. Made me move backwards instead of forward with my life. I kept trying to return to the familiar...it was the familiar that had hurt me, been unhealthy and prevented me from living. I was caught in a whirlpool and kept going around and around and around.

If you're going to get out of this whirlpool you're going to have to take a chance at the new, the unknown and the unfamiliar. You're going to have to do what smilinize suggested...force yourself to move...towards anything...as long as it's not nothing.

Honey, life is too short and too precious to sit around in a cocoon...God gave us life for only a brief period...light a fire under your butt and get moving...meet new friends, go to church, join a woman's group, take a walk, and got goodness sakes, pick up those paints and do something with them. We want to see pictures of what you've done when you've finished.

Honey, you'll be in our prayers...and I believe being loney can lead to depression...so, don't go there. You're a boomer woman!!! Strong, beautiful, capable, and worthy of a good and happy life. Now, shake yourself off, go for a walk and come back and pick up those paint brushes...

And keep us posted on your progress. We're here for you anytime.