Hi Anne
yes little bowls are made .saw them in the shop.
there are several ways of felting..will enjoy experimenting.some people use a hot wash in the washing machine to thicken woolen items..then embelish the item/garment.
My supplies are like a treasure chest..I have what is called pre felt..its special fibre which can be crafted into anything...scarves bowls flowers wall hangings beads..using colours that blend and match you can build a unique piece of cloth or art.
The master classes that run are for all levels..I intend to make a hat..but that will be nearer winter..this is done working round an inflatable ball ..using the pre felt as I explained.A bowl would be similar..jewellrey is another way to go.Beads can be constucted which when added with ceramic and glass beads look quirky..
what I have been doing is needle felting..where I add design on to a garment..in my case a long cardigan and berets..I choose to do pansies. Needle felting is adding wool or pre felt in chosen shapes and by pricking with a special barbed needle into a special cushion a layer is intoduced..
its prototype time here..
Art students at textile college have been doing this for years its only now coming into the public domain here.
I enjoy it..have been seeking a niche and knew this was it on the first day..I was at the shop at the weekend and saw yet more.
been very busy gardening but will sit down soon to work away an for an hour or two..