I've kept this bottled up long enough. Everytime I think about this, it enrages me so much that I can barely breathe. So I try not to think about it. But it's Saturday night and it's on my mind. So here I am to vent.

We haven't been allowed to see our grandchildren since the middle of March. We saw them the day after we got back from being in Cuba for 8 weeks. I was tired and didn't want to go and shouldn't have gone, but had missed the grandchildren so much that I went anyway. As usual, the mother of the children was her angry, controlling, obsessive-compulsive self, making everyone around her miserable and tip-toeing in fear of setting her off. I made the fatal error of talking back to her when she yelled at me to not drop the fork on the floor while feeding my grandson. All I said (admittedly frustrated) “I WON’T”, then all hell broke loose. She totally went haywire, cursing and screaming things that didn’t even make sense to me, but in the midst of all of her ranting I did hear a few gems that essentially said that she hated when we came over. All of this in front of both children. I was sobbing, she was screaming, it was a nightmare of a situation.

Anyway, we haven’t been allowed to visit again. She’s not a forgiving person, so this could last forever. I CAN forgive her, and can even forgive her for perhaps not wanting ME to come and visit again, but to deny my husband the right to visit is incomprehensible. But what really enrages me is how my husband’s son can allow her to treat everyone the way she does. She doesn’t allow ANYONE to visit, not my husband, his ex-wife (the real grandmother) or the children’s aunt, not even her own family. Her parents flew all the way over from China to stay in Canada for 6 months and they were only allowed to stay at their house one night, then they left and she won’t allow them to visit anymore either.

We’re talking about a very mentally disturbed woman here. But that’s another story, and not mine to tell. What IS my concern is that my husband may never get to see his beloved grandchildren again – unless we go to court. Which we don’t want to do yet.

There isn’t much we can do. Hubby tries to call his son at work but his son never phones back. All communication has been cut off and it’s so unfair to my husband, since I’m the one who committed the dreaded faux pas. Anyway, I just had to vent, because it’s really peeving me off because Saturday nights have always been the night when we’d call and make the plans to visit on Sunday with the children. I miss them terribly.

(Maya Angelou)