Yes, I agree, Black Cohash, seems to be working for me too. It's just that it has only taken the edge off. Not really enough relief. So I keep trying all these things I hear about. I tried to join the research study that Northwestern Hosp. (Chgo)is conducting on Black Cohash, but I was disqualified when they heard about the heart disease. Oh, well, I hope they uncover some useful/helpful information. At least it's an organized effort to help with our female "condition". You know, now that I think about it, after Pam reminded me of our mothers, my own mother spent a voluntary (very hush, hush) stay in a Psychiatric ward at this age. No one ever used the word Menopause, but it certainlly fits the age and time! Now that I think about it, I'll bet anything that menopause was probably the major contributor. Because, in a couple years after that , she went back to herself. Most mental diseases don't just disappear like that. Thanks Pam, my mother is gone now, but I think that really shed some light on those yrs. Amazing!