My DH just retired so we are doing some traveling. Have always been 'cocooners' so this is a change for us. Several trips have been with Exploritas (formerly Elderhostel) and we highly recommend them. It's a wonderful way to tour with various experts helping you understand the history and details of what you're seeing. These were all nice big rooms with private bath in comfortable hotels, meals included (hotel dining, catered, or mid-price restaurants), interesting & energetic fellow travelers. Lots of art/culture and natural history/biology, so we got 'just right' doses of learning along with the sightseeing.

We also have several of the "Great Courses" DVDs (you can get audio tapes if preferred), which go on sale periodically from The Teaching Company. Intense, interesting lectures on a wide variety of subjects by professors chosen for their scholarship and communicative skills. Their website is: http://www.teach12.com/teach12.aspx?ai=16281

I'm working on a blog, but haven't published it yet. Still figuring out some of organizational aspects of working HTML. I do informal restaurant reviews which I e-mail to my friends, as we're foodies and go out quite often. Living where we do, in the SF Bay Area, you could eat out twice a day for the rest of your life and never repeat the same restaurant! A blog will keep it all in one place where it'll be easier to access the 'winners vs losers'.