Welcome Jakkom, don't remember seeing your name before. I agree with you about paying off all credit cards but one and hopefully that one will be a credit/debit bank card, NO interest!

Women are sometimes preceived a poorer credit risk but I don't think most are. Women in most instances I have known keep the records, pay the bills etc. for the home when married, so if no longer married why wouldn't they continue to do so on their own?

The women I feel sorry for are the ones who innocently trust the husband to do it all and then when he dumps them they are like a deed caught in the headlights...

I have always advised all women (in my advice column) to educate themselves, know what they own as a couple, have and make sure their names on everything; so if he dropped over tomorrow they'd know where everything was and what to do with it....

And don't think it can't happen to you. My first husband died after just 5 years, and I was that deer in the headlights. But many, many years later when my second husband passed, I hade it all under control big time, and what a difference that made...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/