Having had the same kind of Catholic upbringing as you did Nancy, I fully understand the guilt thing. Catholic teachings are that of guilt for this, and guilt for that or maybe it is just the way I translated their teachings. There is only one of us and it is difficult to take care of our familys, friends, and especially those taking full advantage of our kindness, and yes, guilt! Good for you dropping the land line. I now unplug my landline if not wanting to speak to anyone. NO matter who it is that might be calling there is nothing I can do anyway so later is as good and now to speak to them.

I am still not feeling myself and today I made the mistake of answering my phone and it was my son wanting to bring his new girlfriend and a male friend visiting him from Utah, over to my home Sunday for dinner. Just what I wanted (NOT!!!) company but I said okay anyway so now I have to shop so I can cook dinner. I love my son but I don't thnk he was being very considerate. Hopefully it will be a good time for everyone concerned, me as well...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/