Thank you MustangGal, I do lack human interaction big time.
And Anno, Yes, thank you, thank you. This is the advice I would give others. But, in a slump and prone to depression I tend to isolate myself.

Lately it's been getting worse. I do get out to the gym at least and last week went to a movie by myself. That's my problem, I do everything by myself.

I think my kids growing up is a huge issue. Being a single mom of three for the past 14 years they have kept me busy. Rides back and forth to soccer games, outings etc. Lots of opportunities to chat with other parents while doing this. I love to get out and when activities were on, fairs, events etc. I would take my kids. They were my company. Now that they are almost grown up 17 & 18 (the two at home) they are busy with their friends, school part-time work, totally natural.

What has happened is I have not nurtured friendships over these busy years so find myself totally alone. I did have a friend that I cut ties with last year as she was very toxic. She wasn't like that for the first few years of our friendship but grew that way. She always invited me to dinners and outings as she had a lot going on due to her business. But she also called me too much and leaned on me way too much, plus would always get mad at me if I wasn't there for her every second. I became very hard to take.

Last night I looked online and did find a meet up group. Many of the members work from home. I guess I must be getting desperate :-)
Lots of interesting people and they meet for brunch on Sundays, go for walks, hikes, and are planning a camping trip in May. I recognized a few people (there is a photo gallery) but most not.
I'm in a phase where I do not feel like reaching out but will do it anyway. This Sunday is a meet up at a local brunch place. Guess I feel like a loser if I reach out. (silly thinking) I am so independent and find it hard to take that I have to do this. Before I had kids I was so popular and had so many friends. But have to realize it is what it is and if I don't do anything it will just get worse. I am good at isolating myself and know it is not healthy.

As for the part-time job I was looking for something outside the house and applied but these jobs wanted more hours than I can give. Now I wish I did not take the second job as it is the same kind of work. Making sales calls from home and getting lots and lots of rejection. Not easy.

I'm sure if I get out there and meet people things will seem better. I don't regret spending all my time with my kids. They were not at home stuck in front of a TV. We were always going out somewhere exploring. Now I just have to find away to explore, develop a passion on my own.
Kate