I had a very different experinece then Chatty. I do envy her, as my Dr said I went through 3 years of menopause hell. I took hormones but was very depressed and had severe emotional problems, mood swings, weight gain, High blood pressure, and heart arrythmia problems. Due to all those things happening, I was fired from my job, went through a winter of depression, another job from Hell, and another firing. Another blow to my ego.

Now, through it all, I am stronger, recognize that I may always take medicine for a chemical imbalance in my body, and that I have finally come through it. After two cancer scares and finally on the other side, I can say I am glad that it is over. Feeling much better now, no one that I talk to on the phone in my Customer Service work ever guess that I am nearing 55 with (as of tomorrow) 10 grandchildren and another one due in July.

I feel the best then I have in years, and am looking forward to a new life, full of new things, hightlights, a second career as a writer and thankful that I am here as suicide was a constant thought in my head. I have a Dr. that worked with me for over a year and a half to get my medications to the point that I feel I am a happy, productive human being that is glad to be alive. I didn't have anyone to talk to about this menopause business, as my Mother was gone, and every woman in my family has had a hysterectomy and never gone through the pangs of menopause. I feel good now, and except that it is very hard to lose any weight, I never felt better! Take hope there is life after menopause.

Love to you all,

Sherri

PS, It is so much fun being a grandmother, that I wished I had grandchildren first!! LOL