My period began every month like clockwork for what seemed like a thousand years. Started at age 11 and ended with little fuss on May 8th. 1990. Never came, ever again. I was 50 then. I breezed through Menopause unscaled, no hot flashes, no mood swings, nothing. I am 64 now and feel I am well over the change. I am happy to say the only irritating part is growing those silly chin hairs. Also ladies you never have to worry about getting pregnant, its called by some Freedom Riding...Your weight can be a little easier to gain and harder to lose but good news is you can compensate for that. I have found the entire process enlightning and liberating. You can to because alot of it is in our heads. Be happy and embrace these changes the Lord has sent to us. I never took hormones ( my personal chaice) as everything I read and my mothers advice was they aren't natural and menopause is a natural experience.
I hope you can all think of yourselves as fortunate to have come this far and continue to enjoy the journey in peace and amazement... [Big Grin]