We are moving my Mom tomorrow. This is the 3rd move over the course of several years' time. The first move was from the apartment she lived in with my Dad (and where she stayed for many years after he passed away) to a retirement home where you had to be able to take care of yourself but meals could be had in a communal dining room, and she had her own apartment there, though much smaller than the one she left. A couple of years ago we moved her to a place where they did more -- such as cleaning her apartment weekly, laundering sheets & towels. Again smaller apartment, the staff took care of more things. Moving her this Friday to one room(private room), with an attached bathroom, where they will take care of all her meals, her medications, help her get dressed, etc. This is more like a real nursing home. Each time we've moved her, we've gotten rid of more and more of her stuff, and the size of her space gets smaller. She keeps saying she's lived too long. Her dementia is getting pretty bad. It's never easy to deal with this, is it?? As we keep going thru her stuff I can't hlep but wonder if sooner or later she and her stuff are just going to disappear.

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (02/25/10 07:34 PM)