This seems to be a mantra that is sinking deep within me, though I don't know that I do enough to live up to this.

I thought it might be fun for us to begin sharing what we do for the good of others so we can learn from one another soem of the neat ways to go about this.

Anyone want to join me?

I'll begin, and I will share that this is not a way to brag about what we do. It's simply a way to make us think about what we're doing, and perhaps cause us to do more for others. It's also a way for us to see what others are doing for others.

While visiting my FIL today, I chatted with another visitor who said she was going through a lot of changes. She looked sad. I got a feeling something very sad is going on in her life that is above and beyond the person she visits who has ALzheimer's. When finished talking, I told her I'd keep her in my prayers, and she really lit up and thanked me.

Not a big deal, but it felt right.

Last night I made dinner for my committee meeting. I really like doing this because several of them are young and appreciate a good meal. The others cook all the time and appreciate a break. And two others have wives who cook for them all the time, but love to eat. They are so gracious, but they have to remember that I used to cook big meals all the time when the kids were young and had friends coming and going. Now I don't do it quite so much, and it's something I enjoy.

How about anyone else?

Edited by Dotsie (01/13/10 07:04 PM)