God works in funny ways. I had a rough night and morning, cold coming on, dentist appointment, hubby in the Caribbean (most assuredly surrounded by beautiful nubile bikini-clad bodies bathing in the sun), etc, etc. Anyway, I was sitting in the dentist's waiting room, watching people passing by the doorway (the office is in a mall). It was actually funny how many guys passed that door who looked like my brother Gary...I mean, really looked a lot like him, from whatever side was facing me as they passed by. Finally after about the 15th look-alike walked by, I just laughed and asked God what He was up to, and He answered, "We just want you to remember that you're never alone, that We are all with you, watching over you." A tender consolation indeed.

Then my dental hygienist (whom I've known for about 13 years) noticed my heavy heart right away and asked what was going on, so I told her about Basil (my friend bedridden with ALS) and hubby down south without me. She gave me a big hug, and then made me vocalize all the GOOD things about having the house to myself...we ended up laughing as the list kept growing.

I came out of there feeling so much lighter and positive. God really does bring the right people into our lives at the right time, if only we have eyes to see and the faith to believe it's Him at work, or in this case, at play!

(Maya Angelou)