JawJaw, I like "ladybug's" advice. Do what works for you. Too many times I think we get caught up in "well, it worked for her, why isn't it working for me?" Our bodies are all different.

A typical day's meal for me is this. For breakfast, I have oatmeal with non-fat milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon and no sugar. I buy the instant ones (for work) BUT only the "plain" ones. No flavorings or added sugars. Around 10:30, I have a mid-morning snack of non-fat "Yoplait" yogurt and a banana (this is everyday). For lunch, I make a veggie sandwich which consists of a small amount of avocado smashed up on one side, with pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, sometimes a slice of yellow bell pepper, on toasted bread. Sometimes I'll put non-fat cream cheese instead of the avocado. I eat that with a cup of hot water and lemon. At 2:30, I'm starting to get the munchies so I'll have a chopped up apple in cottage cheese, or a pear, or whatever fruit is in season. Sometimes I'll bring a handful of "plain" almonds. That seems to hold me over. Dinner is usually whatever I want, BUT it isn't pizza and burgers or large amounts of pasta. It's maybe chicken, some rice, salad, or whatever my wonderful boyfriend has cooked up. Again, I have that with hot water and lemon. I only drink water. No sodas or juices. I do have the occasional glass of wine or gin martini (can't give up on enjoying the good things in life!) but that is not every night. My "menu" changes on the weekends, but I still try and watch it and cut back where I can.

There are some awesome pieces of advice here from everyone and we are all behind you. It definitely is a lifestyle change and not a diet and you just become "aware" of what you're putting in your mouth. Again, good luck, I know you can do it.