I hate to be a bad news deliverer but my friend Kay that died a year after by-pass surgery. She was only 56 and she literally killed herself with food. How? Well, she use to be a very thin lady and just began eating and then developed diabetes and still ate and had a stroke and couldn't do anything, so she continued eating and got to be 300 pounds, she was 5ft.2. She felt she had NO willpower so had a by-pass which apparently went bad. She did lmanage to lose 100 pounds but was never right after the surgery and suffered terribly unable to keep any food down. She suffered a septic, painful death. Her husband said she went from 5mg. of some strong pain killer to 80mg. No one could help her and she literally begged to die at the end....So you can see what I meant above. I too need to lose alot of weight and if God gives me the time I need, I will. I lost 5 pounds this last week even with Christmas. I looked at the goodies and said "nope would rather be alive a long time and healthy." Learned a hard lesson losing a friend and also that we don't always have tomorrow if we are careless today...

[ December 27, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]