I hear ya Chick... Let's see, report time, eh? Well, it's actually been easy and I think it's because of my "attitude" adjustment and the help of everyone on this board.

I had a couple of parties to attend this weekend and they were a breeze. Seems the hostess at each one was smart enough to include "heart-healthy" foods, so no problem there.

I've stocked up on some of my favorite recipes and pulled out the crockpot. I'm actually making things ahead of time to have on hand so there's no slipping back into bad habits of eating the wrong kinds of things, just because they are easy and effortless. Does that make sense? Things like potato chips and dip. I have celery, carrots, radishes, homemade soup, "Indian Stew" made with turkey instead of ground beef, and other veggies that I love. Here's the funny thing... since I became this super-determined person, I don't even snack around the clock like I was doing before. It's like I said, "no more ice cream and snacking for you kiddo." And that was that. Strange...

I don't know what makes one soooo determine on one try, and especially when one has tried so many other times and failed. Timing? Fed up with one's self? Pushed to the limits? I don't know. Anybody have thoughts on this?

I will say this... I don't think of it as a diet. I don't think in terms of dieting, at all. What I think about is WHAT I am about to put in my mouth. Like Vicki was saying. That seems to work for me. It's like what Ladybug or someone said, "pick what works for you." I did and it was a combination of things.

This week I start the exercising which will be walking. Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to it!

JJ