Originally Posted By: Alice
I would get married.....yesterday....but the kind of man I am looking for.....I haven't met....deal breakers? Disrespect, cruelty, abuse....drugs, alcoholism.....basically...Yes, i would require a job!

I am looking for a man of integrity, honor, courage and kindness. I am on 2 dating sites......ucky!

Smiles, Alice

Hi Alice .... Back in the mid-nineties when I was "looking," the reputable dating sites were pretty much non-existent. Plus, I know of several people who lie about their marital status on those sites. Yet all it takes its meeting one "right" person.

I counsel people about finding a partner online. One biggie tip is to keep the geograpic location within a reasonable radius, so you can develop the relationship offline with ease. ALWAYS meet in a public place until you are comfortable about who he/she is. Another tip is to go beyond dating sites and develop online friendships in places where you have hobbies and other interests, so you can be open to people who are compatible and not just "looking for romance."

I kept index cards on everyone I thought was seriously interesting, and this one guy who stood out was in a NJ chat room because he had just been job-transferred from out-of-state and wanted to more about NJ. To make a long story short, he became my Mister Right.