Back on the subject of whether to remarry again...... I did so happily, and yet I had previously maintained that if anything ever happened to my first (long term) marriage, I would not.

As already explained, although I enjoyed many years of solo living, I had gotten used to having a partner and very much missed that "sharing" element in my life after the first marriage ended.

My deal makers in looking for that special someone included having the right chemistry, intelligence, great sense of humor, similar interests and traditional values.

Deal breakers: I would not go out with anyone who had a criminal record or who was not gainfully employed. I didn't care if he was blue or white collar. I didn't care what his salary was. But he had to have a profession or vocation. A guy online who found out I was a nurse, said, "Oh good. I'm on disability and you'd make a great wife because you already know how to take care of me." hahaha I remember thinking how very un-masculine he sounded. ugh!

My now-husband said his definite deal breaker was if I had young children. He was about 40 at the time we met and had married very young in life the first time around, so he had already raised two children and didn't want to re-do that part of his life.

I was age 46 with an older teen, and since this potential mate had no criminal record and worked for a living, we were both simpatico on our deal breakers. (The deal makers fell into place naturally and we are now 12 years "happily ever after.")

Of those out there who might ever consider marriage or remarriage, do you have any deal makers or breakers?