Ladies,
As you all know, while caregiver for Daddy, I also quit smoking, had a car wreck that nearly killed me, and was out of work for three months as a result of it. During this time, I managed to put on 30 pounds. I was already carrying around an extra 15-20 pounds, so now I resemble a basketball with teeth. Good thing I'm cute. Ahem...

I always put my goals down on paper and that makes them more real, easier to follow, at least for me. What I would like to know (in earnest) from you all is your opinions on

Atkins
South Beach
Weight Watchers
Nutrisystem
Jenny Craig
The Zone
Abstaining (least fav)

What I would like to know is have you tried any of these? Were you successful? Failed? Did you have any medical reprecussions? For instance, I went on the Atkins diet one time and my liver count skyrocketed (during the wreck recuperation period) and my doctor said, "get off that diet immediately!" Any discussion on these diets would be appreciated. Oh and also, did you do anything "extra" while doing these diets, like exercising, praying, eating your young...whatever!

Why am I asking? Well, cause I want to loose some weight and I'm giving it serious thought as to which way to go...

p.s. you don't have to just talk about the ones above... ANY diet or input is appreciated!

Thanks in advance, JJ