Late entry here, but wanted to post anyway. I would not get married again. I have been married twice and engaged once. My fiance, whom I met after my first marriage, died 11 years ago, and honestly he was what I would consider my soul mate. My first husband, who had quite a wandering eye, gave me my beautiful children. However, it was my relationship with my fiance who made me know what love and compassion truly is. Through him, I learned what it was like to love and be loved. I think I should have quit after he died and saved myself quite a bit of aggravation. I really thought I could find "it" again, but that was magical thinking.

Now, at 51 I am becoming quite satisfied with being by myself (my current husband isn't here much)and I have little to no patience for the nonsense and baggage that has come with my second marriage. I think the bags would only get bigger if I were to dabble my toes into the water again, so I think it would be best to keep my feet dry.