I went back to January 2009 in the forums, and I did not see a topic on bankruptcy and or foreclosure or short sale. I am thinking of all of the above. A short sale is an actual sale of the house where the bank accepts less than what the homeowner owes on the mortgage, the bank pays the Realtor, and in a "no recourse" short sale, the home-owner is not responsible for the difference between what is owed on the house and what the market pays for it. As in many areas, our area has depreciated in value, yet our lender refuses to budge on terms. It is difficult to think of BK as a boomer because there is no time to make up for it. If you are in your twenties, you have a decade or more to rebuild your credit. These days, even to get a job sometimes your credit is checked. The employer figures if you can pay your bills on time, you will be responsible with company money. Is anyone willing to share experience and/or refer me to information relevant to boomers in bankruptcy? Please PM me if you want. Thanks