Originally Posted By: chatty lady
I agree Anne but thesew women of lettermans were under his control if they wanted to move up the ladder and maybe even just keep their jobs. He knew this and took full advantage of it, and the CREEP kept doing it after he was married and a father. I hope his wife divorces him and castrates him on the way out the door...Talk about proof positive of adultery!!!!

Very funny, Chatty!....

The other day on Dr Phil, the subject was adultery. Phil had 5 "long-term mistresses" explaining THEIR side of the adultery issue. The general consensus among them was: If a wife kept her man happy at home, he would not be out there cheating.

GRRRRR I was soooooo glad when one male cheater (The show "dotted" his face) countered that thinking by saying, "My wives all made me very happy. I'm just a hound dog who likes to cheat, as my several wives can attest...." Right now he is living with a woman, who probably recognized his voice and the back of his head, as this cheater said his live-in companion always watches Dr Phil. This guy has NO idea what a full commitment means, and in my opinion should not be with any woman until he grows up. But at least he took the blame off wives and put it where it belonged: on himself and his poor choices.

Yes, there are people that marry who shouldn't. And no person is perfect. But for a group of mistresses to think a man always cheats because of a wife's flaws, is ludicrous.

My first husband was almost always home and we held hands all the time, we were a loving couple, we did the flowers, love notes in his lunch, romantic dates, etc. Every day he told me I made him very happy and he loved me dearly.....Until I found out suddenly about the double life he was leading.

Back to Letterman: Whatever happens, I hope he is truly ready to mend his ways and be the committed partner he should already know how to be.

As for Edwards, I'm shocked a man I once considered voting for would do something so heinous to a woman he says he loves, and who is in a Stage 4 cancerous condition. Elizabeth has been so very gracious during this remaining part of her life. She has already faced the death of her son, and now this public humiliation. I so admire her determination to be a better role model to her remaining children, so they can learn about the real meaning of love.

If I were single and available, I would NEVER go out with a married man, no matter how low MY self-esteem was, or how rich and powerful HE was.

I agree that every personal situation is different. But in my world, if the guy is married, he has made a personal, spiritual, and legal commitment to be a fully committed partner to his spouse in every sense of the word.

(I learned all this through Catholic school, life's experience, and "Judge Judy." lol)