Originally Posted By: Anne327
Letterman's behavior is inexcusable in my book. Is it fame or wealth that makes these guys think they are above moral rules, and their behavior somehow does not affect others? Especially family? Or does he think he is really a politician? smile .

I see the way some guys treat their aging parents, and I'm glad I'm not their spouse. Sooner or later I may get sick or injured first, and if they can't treat their parents well, they won't be a good caregiver to me. Sheesh! If it isn't drinking, gambling, abuse, undisclosed massive unpaid bill$ or adultery, it's inability to deal with reality.

I'll marry my cat first, B4 putting up with any of the above.

I totally agree with you, Anne, about seeing how a man treats his other family members, especially his ageing parents.

I think a strong value system which includes treating parents with great respect is especially important in today's society, where values of ANY kind seem to have been watered down significantly.

When I was dating, I looked for someone who believed in values similar to my own. He didn't have to belong to my church, but he certainly had to be a man of faith, a man of total commitment, a man of personal accountability, a man of moral and ethical principles, and a man who respected women. That aside, he had to be intelligent, have a sense of humor, be kind-hearted, and there had to be a chemistry between us.

I didn't date casually ("friends with benefits"), and I made a couple mistakes in judgement, but I sure wasn't willing to settle for less than what I considered the right man for me.

As life changed over the years, I hadn't counted on male mid-life crisis. lol But in looking back, it still worked out perfectly. I kept to my standards, and God-willing, it'll last forever.