Originally Posted By: jabber
Whereas, WB is quiet and reserved and faithful; he's a homebody; he's smart; and easy to live with. But, still I would not marry again. That gender thing gets in the way. It's like men and women are living on different planets. I say one thing; he hears something else. If I ask a question, I'm lucky to get a grunt. Or else he doesn't hear at all. He seems self-absorbed; focused on what makes him happy and to heck with anyone else. Nope!
2 times is enough! I'm content. I'm happy. But never again.

It isn't the gender thing for me, but the whole anxiety-hormone driven time of finding/dating guys and trying to read their real intentions doesn't get easier. I'd rather have several guy friends in my old frail age.

As for flexibility of men and their personalities, i've half joked to dearie, that for him to have been a father, probably has made him less rigid as a person. I really believe that.

I'm sure there are some women here who wonder about some of us who have been with our partners for over a decade and have not married yet. To me, it's not a lack of committment thing if the couple have been faithful to one another all this time. Respect, fidelity and empathy are to be lived in the relationship daily. Wedding band is just...well, an article to be worn. I'm sorry..my mother stopped wearing her wedding ring when she gained weight after child #4 and I've never seen my father wear his wedding band. I assume he has one but I never seen it. Remember the rings, are Christian-Western symbols. Not originally found in other cultures.

Yet they are faithful to one another after all these decades. He certainly has proven to be a patient husband with his temptuous wife.

Yes, there are some women who for underlying financial security reasons, need to have the visible sign of wedding ring and the legality of marriage. As long as I work out my finances long-term, I'm ok.