Some here know my personal saga..... I had a storybook marriage for 20 years, in which I often said to fellow nurses that if anything ever happened to my "Saint Francis husband," I'd never marry again, because no matter how good a marriage is, it takes work. Plus, I had the very best and no one else could possibly seem as good.

Then without warning "Saint Francis" had his mid-life crisis with someone half my age. It was all over for us and I developed permanent trust issues about people in general. As time passed, I realized I was used to a partnership and wondered if at age 46 I could ever find THAT level of happiness again. I had emotional issues and I was no longer young or slim.

I had a teen son at home, so I busied myself with work and being a mom. I learned how to talk with others by computer and had a grand online social life....But I was still missing the hugs.

I made a novena (a series of prayers) and asked God to send me someone who needed me as much as I needed him, and someone who would be okay with quirky me. lol

Two weeks later I "met" a man online who became my husband 7 months later. In a few days we celebrate 12 happy years together.

And if the truth be told, and I'm not just saying this, I now realize that what I had the first time around was NOTHING compared to what I have now. I was shocked to find there really CAN be a Romeo and Juliet romance, no matter what the age, appearance or circumstance.

Would I ever remarry if THIS husband passed on? I do not think so because he really IS the best of the best and anything else would seem second rate.

But then......I've said that before......