we have same distinctions here with diff forces along same lines only no marines in the uk, i always though they were navy kinda salour based but not sure what type of salouring they did, watching to many american forces programes/movies is how i got my info of course, very true is hollywood lol. think my mistake came about marines turning into seals (special oppts??) but looked like army based stuff.

anyway my g/d was raf air based too, quite a cultural diff between them, so he biased me towards air forces being best.

i laughing at though of "social actions" in the 70's i think world over no one got any joy outa any kinda complant, no one had an idea about sexule harasment, physical or verbal or any real notion of human rightes, well not in uk and not in 70's or earloie 80's hmmmm much more enlightened times now but not enlightened enough in some areas. ah well we'll all get thir wearever the thir actulie is.

the thing that stopped me joining up was my mum, who lifted me by the ear away from joining on carrers day at school or i would have joined thir and then, sighned on the line.

It was the idea of exercise and adventure i loved and hope of flying helicopters!!! excitement about assault courses. I was very fit (swimming running martial arts and weight lifting, circuits was what i done in teens alone)

goodness good to know vets can still blush lol wink