Originally Posted By: celtic_flame
so it by end felt like a cross examinasion (not just me felt it i chated to other canditets and we all had that flushed worried look that had that panel) and its a matter of enduranse as its half day interviews and thats a long time.

I talked with one ladie who applied every year for 4 years good enough for interview but got pipped at post for actulie getting the place.

its what i wanted to do but by not hearing anything by now i fear i not getting what i want, anything time to try a plan b or at ledsst forumlate one

anyway something within getting readie seemed to energis me so i looking around for other courses or gonna try to go straight back to work without the steap through courses. I am just guessing that returning to work after carrer break becouse of kid and the rest might be a bit difficult at my age hence the desire to studie...

the course would mean a relocating to a diffrent city london and now i not sure but think i might have to go anyway, so thers a lot to think about course wise anyway.

It surprised me not to meet anyone else at my kinda age when their their all so young lol or at lest 10 yrs younger

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, celtic.
Most interviews to me, are a bit of cross-examination. We have to be realistic. If an interviewer makes you feel relaxed, you do have to be highly alert or one might offer up information in a manner that might give the wrong impression to interviewers.

1/2 day is a long enough. I have been interviewed for jobs where the whole day was a series of meetings plus a 15 min-30 min. presentation delivered by self with questions from audience. Keep on going to interviews when there's a chance, it's helpful as long as you don't allow your self-confidence to be diminished.

Yes, I've been interviewed recently. Not sure where things are going. One of them was done by videoconference..where interviewing panel were members located in 2 different cities in Canada while I was sitting in 3rd city answering questions. 2 hrs. long with a written test question given in advance. (I have been videoconferenced for interviews by 2 previous different prospective employers. So one does still need to look and sound good. ) The technology is getting better and better.

Another interview was by telephone conference. Unfortunately they got their time zone differences mixed up. (So thankfully I finished my business in washroom before running over to another room where the phone was, to start the interview with them. Though I was not prepared completely for interview it was easier because the position was abit more junior with my years of experience.) I suspect that's the main reason this latter employer was not interested in me.

We'll see. When it's not raining dogs and cats, I try to go biking for at least 1-2 hrs. each day.