No time like the present.
I've accepted two classes to teach with relation to the University.
To start slow, I've kept it to two.
I'll be teaching graduate jazz
and I threw in a beginning
ballet class that is taken, I'm told,
by mostly women who want to add dance to
their movement. I think that adult women can benefit from dance at any age so I took this second class to prove that.

This ought to beef up my schedule but I've arranged to teach only two days a week and this will allow me to stay at the hospital.

I feel I'm rehabilitated enough to do these ttwo small classes even if one is very advanced.

So, it's off to the salt mines for me. This usually leads to choreography and then to other states but I'm going to try to keep it in hand.

Dancers never retire. Thankfully, we are needed to build style in advanced dancers and coach for roles that are important which we have danced many times before.

There was a time I thought I'd be a "retired dancer," but it was never in my lifes plan. I did plan on giving back to dance as a teacher and choreographer for as long as my legs would let me!

Please wish a dancer luck as I continue to sing and think of going back up onto the stage with the jazz and blues greats I've sung with before. I just may sing again too, but slow as she goes....

Thanks to everyone here who talked to me and kept me entertained throughout rehabbing and while I took my time deciding when to do what. I feel a slight chill with this decision but it's true, I'll never stop. I'm told that I never should, I've too much to offer. I hope this is true as I launch this effort.

Dancer, singer too.

Edited by dancer9 (02/20/09 05:55 PM)

"Question your privilege"