Hi Seek

I come from a similar background and have many fundamentalist family members who wonder about me...in no uncertain terms! They think I'm kind, loving, caring and giving and still believe I could be going to Hell. And I might be, I don't know!

I, too, believe we pick our parents and have wondered what in the world I was thinking. During my journey of awakening I've learned there were reasons and lessons to be learned from them. One that was exceptionally hard was when my dad decided to shun me for 8 years using Biblical principles which, I believe, he took out of context. The gift in the situation was that, although I had grown up a "devout" Daddy's girl and believed I couldn't live without his approval, I have since come to believe differently. Gots to tell ya, I would have, at least with the thinking me, *preferred* another way to learn that lesson!!! It was an extremely painful way to come into my own!

I know others don't necessarily agree with my beliefs and I have no problem whatsoever with that. My approach to working with people is to meet them where they are and focus on our commonalities ... of which I believe there are gazillions!

Edited by Mama Red (12/21/08 11:25 PM)

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!