Interesting thoughts and ideas...all. I DEFINITELY agree there is more to the spiritual realm than we can possibly begin to understand or comprehend. I use the term "past lives" to describe the memories I have AND I'm fully aware it may not be truth with a capital "T"...it may only be, as I say, "the world according to Jerilynne!".

I also believe in the possibility of collective memories or information passed to us through our DNA...in fact, a few months ago, I attended a presentation by an engineer turned spiritual seeker and teacher. It was quite fascinating, especially when he started talking about what he called genetic memory.

He brought up a passage in the Bible (I'm sure I don't have it exactly right, so I hope those of you who have deep Biblical knowledge will forgive me poor attempt at writing the phrase). He was discussing the verse regarding "...and the sins of the fathers shall be visited on the sons yeah until 4 generations.

He then discussed the genetic studies that have been done, saying that our DNA carries the imprint of 4 previous generations.

It was an interesting discussion and got me to thinking a lot about this. As I said, I am no Biblical scholar nor do I profess to know this stuff in depth. It was one of those "get Jerilynne thinking" things!

So much to learn ... and I enjoy it all! I don't know that any of us have the final, perfect, in His terms, answer since everything we hear is filtered through our own experiences and own knowledge and our own preconceptions of what life is, and isn't.

Which is why I soooooo enjoy conversing with people from so many backgrounds, cultures, belief systems and family structures. I learn something new every time!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!