That's interesting orchid. I think there's a lot happening on the spiritual/soul level that we don't understand. I also believe that the departed are never far from us -- the next level of existence is as close to us as we are to the animal world, and animals are to the plant world. We live in, move in, affect and are connected to the plant world, but plants are unaware of us. I think it's the same with those who depart form this physical plane. We see them in dreams, we get ideas and inspirations. "Coincidences" happen.

God's creation is much greater than we can imagine with our little minds. The painting can't understand the painter.

This 3-dimensional world of existence isn't so spectacular that you'd have to keep coming back time and again until you get it right. The few decades we have here should suffice, imho. We need to learn love, trust, faith, generosity and similar attributes. A 3-d world seems perfect for such lessons i.e., we can't see inside others' souls in order to know their motives, etc., and God gives us free choice whether to believe or not so that everything we become is a result of our own effort and not because God forces us.