I'm so glad I asked this question. I knew my Boomer friends are a fountain of knowledge.

Meredith, I would drive over two hours to get to a writers critique group; but so far I haven't found an English speaking one. And since my book is in English…. I've even considered starting one…but what if I'm the only one there?!

Lynn, I would just LOVE to go with you to the Vermont writing class. I have been thinking of joining a writer's camp. I keep getting ads from one in Colorado. Has anyone ever participated in something like that? They aren't cheap. I wonder if it's worth it. Oh, and what IS the difference between lay down and lie down? Wow, I was impressed that you could trim your book like that. That must have been like cutting off an arm.

It is hard to find a genre for my book. It has a little of everything; love, crime, suspense, and I hope it is even funny in some parts. So I've been calling it a contemporary novel. ..? Would that be right?

I found it comforting to read that you all have reread your books many times, had them edited, and still find mistakes. I thought…maybe I'm just not talented enough…cause this ain't easy.

I love the story about Picasso, Lynn. Yes, I think every author and artist can relate to that.