Some of you may know that I have written a novel which I fruitlessly have been trying to get published. Because my granddaughter was with us for a year and a half, I let the manuscript lie untouched during this time.

Now for the past two months I have been tackling my book again. It is really interesting to reread something you've finished writing two years ago. I am discovering so many mistakes, poor formulation, bad grammar…you name it.

The book is 40 chapters long, so I am working on it chapter by chapter. By mistake, I redid a chapter…that I had already 'supposedly' corrected and found further mistakes. - Oh nooo.

Honestly I bow loooow to every author on this earth. My passion is writing; but that sure doesn't suffice to write well, I guess.

What I would like to know from the published authors here is; how often did you reread your book, edit it, let it lie…do it over again…before you took that crucial step in self publishing or finding an agent? And have any of you, after publishing the book, thought..- yikes…how did I miss that mistake? Why didn't I word that differently…?
Geez. Seems like editing never stops.

But the good side about this…is…..I had a dream last night. Eagle Heart, are you reading this? I dreamt about you. I dreamt you read my manuscript. I was sitting in the adjacent room while you were reading. I couldn't stand it any longer, and went to you, and asked how you like it. You looked at me, beamed, and said, "I love it…I'm already on page 130!" And that was after about 5 minutes reading! Lol. I guess that's what you call wishful dreaming.