Hi Mer, my fellow crafts woman, when I started the first term, my tutor advised to veer away from explorations which involve all things Irish(in it's cultural, mythical and political sense)...I can see his angle and just for this semester why he wishes that for me

As I eplained above..I need to produce either ten or one object which show off a particular range of tech skill in metal working. Nope, the thought of that had me bored, belligerent and blocked creativly speaking of course.

So yes, I will do what is requested and imbrue the cultural as well as the emotional and this is because I am able to fit the piece comfortably into a contextual home and I can 'tell a story' with me being fully engaged in the piece and all it's
exciting processes thst I am learning daily. All good I think, should tick all the boxes of mine, my assessors and most importantly..the observers.
Wow...where did that all come from...I write not far removed from those artists and crafts people who are passing their knowledge on to me...it's gotta prove that the information is going in and staying, I am talking as an artist!! Wow again...this stuff is realy fitting!!

Dotsie, due to a massive administrative mess(and a plethera of disruptions) up and me beig ill advised, I am now redoing my first year. It took ome courage I tell ys for me to walk back in to Uni with head held high..for sure. It has it's pro's and cons, but I am quickly turning the cons around! I think the Uni may try and work out that the year counted for something, foundation in arts or something similar.
I will post sme photo's when the time has passed productivly and hope to have figured out how to submit them in the forums(it's either something to do with the new look site..or I could have simply forgotten!

I love doing my wee updates as they are now demonstrating how many pennies have dropped!

Warm thoughts

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love