Gims, thanks so much for asking, but I think my biggest obstacle is the pictures I don't have.

1. I have pics of less than 50% of the items on display
2. these are computer pics, which I've saved only the small version of to put on my website. Which means that when I put these on a disc to take to my local photo store, there will not be enough pixels to make a good photo.

Everyone else has 5x7 or 8x11 in their portfolios. I think smaller than 5x7 might not be good, then (to hide the lack of pixels.)

I've been re-editing some of the pics I do have. Experimenting with backgrounds all of which looked too busy or too lame.

I admit to being camera-challenged. I have a good digital camera with a 500-page instruction book which scares me -- so I haven't used it even once. Or my old film camera, which I may have to unearth from my closet and shoot a bunch of new pics -- but that would only be the 7 or so new items I'd be taking in next month, as everything else is at the gallery.

So tomorrow I need to compile my disc of computer pics, take it into the photo store, and see just how bad is BAD.

I also need an artist statement and a lot of blahblah about my work -- but I'm a writer, and that part will be easy.

Wanna fly to Cali and take some pictures for me? Because I don't think you can re-pixilate the ones on my computer.

Poet and essayist