I would think the chances of a mannie being stolen and used would be less. Reason being, if I had a mannie stolen, I would go after the culprit, hook, line and stinker and most people know that. But also, and this is important, most companies are honest, hard-working people, just like us. They do not want to steal your work, but promote it. My best suggestion would be to check out who you are dealing with, thoroughly.

Is your work copyrighted?

Listen, if someone wants to steal your work bad enough, they will. It's that simple. I use to fret over it but found that the angst wasn't worth it. If it were a manuscript, my attitude would be different.

However, just because I don't sweat it anymore, doesn't mean that I would put tons of my work online again. This was taken off my homepage. And I won't do that again. EVER.

But articles that I write for Dotsie are copyrighted...as well as the ones for magazines. So, if they steal those, at least I have proof they are owned by me, should I pursue them, AND for the peace of mind of the Editors!

Clear as mud?