This is all my fault...using that term "covering posts"...and to be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure exactly what it means either. All I know is that, when I first joined here, every once in awhile someone would come on and ask everyone not to cover someone else's posts. I never really knew what that meant because I've always used the "Active Posts" option and that lists ALL posts in ALL threads, so nothing is covered over. That only happens when someone browses through the "Forum List" option. I think it was more about starting a new topic right on top of an active topic within the same board.

I've found that with this new format, it's so much easier now to use the "Active Topics" to browse, I rarely ever need to use the "Forum List" option anymore. So I don't see that it would be as much of a problem for anyone who had a problem with it in the old format.

My apology was because I inadvertently posted on top of Dotsie's post mere seconds after she posted, and since hers was an announcement, I felt badly about covering it up, even though it wasn't intentional.
In all my years here, I don't think I've ever known anybody to INTENTIONALLY cover over anyone else's posts. And again, I don't know why it was ever a problem, only that it seemed to be a problem for some people, so I've just tried to be careful about not covering up someone else's post too quickly.

The main problem here? My tendency to apologize for everything even if it's something that doesn't require an apology (which this probably didn't). I don't know if I do it that much here, but all of my friends and family say that I say "I'm sorry" all the time and it seems to be a major pet peeves about me.

(Maya Angelou)