anne327, It feels as if it has a 'negative' connotation, the more I put thought into it... makes it sound as if some are intentionally pushing down the posts of others. That's not logical, because all someone has to do is come behind and do the same. What would be the purpose? Our interests are different, and because of it, we choose to hang out in particular areas of BWS. For instance, I rarely, if ever, read from forums such as the ones for divorce, step parenting and being single. Maybe I should. I'm speaking for myself, here... but I never intentionally try to put my posts at the top... in fact, sometimes when I get carried away (talkative, so to speak), I'm conscious of 'gims' being on all the posts floating above and at those times, I wish I could mix them up some. A great many times, I'm on here alone, and naturally, it'll look like I'm hogging the board... but, let me assure you, I'm not.... at the same time, when I see others with a succession of posts up top, I think nothing of it.
I don't believe others are 'covering' mine up, either... if someone thinks I am, I hope they speak up... the idea is ludicrous.