I'm using coupons, consolidating errands, making simple/cheap meals, line drying clothes, setting A/C @ 78 & using ceiling fans.

My biggest problem is vehicle. I've a horse and board at a stable about 8 miles from house. My Ford Mustang was on its last leg and I needed a truck w/ towing capacity for the horse. Although I don't have (and can't yet afford) a horse trailer, I bought a new truck in February with towing capacity in the event needed -- I've used it for such to tow him with a borrowed trailer and for hay, pinestraw, etc. I like my truck, yet I've not had a car payment for 12 years and the gas is a bear! Not much luck finding a car pool buddy, either.

I may make fliers and advertise for car poolers. My hope is that in a few years the economy will improve, sell my home at a profit, and buy at least 2.5 acres myself, horse, pets, and perhaps a goat. We'll all retire together!

I've switched my mobile phone to my parents family plan for $10 per mth, which saves me $35 per mth. Don't have cable. Have the $5 netflix plan and check out DVDs from library along with books (walk to library from office, post office and bank to save gas).

Yet, with all the above, its all absorbed by rising gas prices.