The Aldi's here in our area require you put a quarter in for a cart, other than that I like the tores and find great buys there. But, I'm always lurking around the parking lot to purchase a cart before it goes back into the dreaded slot machine. Then I am either back out peddling my cart for my quarter back or loose my quarter cause I can't return the carts any better than I get them out. To me that's not the least bit embarrassing, I actually find it to be quite amusing in an hysterical way... More so when I recieve a quarter and a pitiful look.
Another way to save a bit it look for items with a bonus IE: Larger amount for same price or hermetically sealed sample or travel size product attached. As well as watch sale flyers for items used that you also have a coupon for. TIP: If you like a product and go online to company website, brag on their product I've found that about 75% of the time you get a coupon or free sample in the mail later on. Same hold true when dissatisfied Voice it and they usually refund in some fashion. I e-mailed Jimmy Dean a bit back and asked about the expireation dates, were they sell by or use by: To be safe they told me to not use the product and sent me 2 coupons for FREE of the same as I had let get to the due date. WHAT? I almost felt guilty.